Oakland Army Base Infrastructure Project
Ghirardelli provided Construction Inspection Services to the City of Oakland for the Oakland Army Base infrastructure/reconstruction project. We worked closely with Kennedy and Associates, the designated City Engineer’s representative for the project.
The project was the first phase in converting 300 acres of the Army’s old 1,800 acre Oakland logistics facility to civilian use as a multimodal seaport logistics complex for the Port of Oakland, with the partial intent “to shift traffic from trucks to trains on site and thereby reduce truck trips through cities within Alameda County to the Central Valley which will help to improve air quality, neighborhood and roadway safety” (quote from City of Oakland website).
The effective date on our contract for this work was October 23, 2013, with a projected completion date of May 1, 2019.
The work included:
- Deconstruction and demolition of existing army warehouses and other structures
- Removal and replacement of existing electrical, communications, storm drain and sanitary sewer utilities with:
- Lift stations
- Outfalls in the tidal zone
- Storm sewers and drain inlets
- New and rebuilt streets, sidewalks and bike paths
- Compaction in preparation for the Phase II structural foundations using:
- Surcharge Compaction, and
- Deep Dynamic Compaction
- Landscaping and irrigation
- Street lighting and traffic signals.
Client: City and Port of Oakland
Location: Oakland, CA
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/gaiproje/ghirardelliassoc/wp-content/themes/ghirardelli-associates_a-visualtonic-theme/single.php on line 125