GAI Awarded Construction Management Services for Slope Stabilization Project
Ghirardelli Associates was selected by OCTA to provide construction management services for the Los Angeles – San Diego – San Luis Obispo Rail Corridor (LOSSAN) Right of Way (ROW) Slope Stabilization Project.
The scope of work requires working within an active rail corridor and brings a unique set of challenges that require a combination of both methodical planning and the ability to adapt to the types of unforeseen conflicts typical of underground construction.
The LOSSAN rail corridor serves Metrolink, Amtrak, as well as Union Pacific and BNSF freight trains and is identified as the second most heavily traveled intercity passenger rail corridor in the nation. With combined annual ridership in excess of 7 million passengers, and the transport of countless tons of cargo, the maintenance and operation of this corridor is a key element in the functionality of the region’s overall transit system. The LOSSAN Slope Stabilization project is intended to repair previous erosion damage and to prevent future issues via a combination of enhanced drainage facilities and slope armoring.
Key Project Elements include:
- Selective Slope Grading and Geosynthetic Armor Installation
- Install Shotcrete along Slopes Close to Tracks
- Railway Coordination
- Utility Protection and Carrier Coordination
- Underdrain Construction
- Gunite Channel Construction
- Rip-Rap Energy Dissipation Installations
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Planning (SWPPP) and Execution
- Site Management Per SCRRA Requirements
- Federal Transit Administration Funded Project
Client: Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA)
Location: Orange, CA